Tuesday, July 5, 2011

His expletive-ridden adult comedy 'Delhi Belly' may have faced trouble in Pakistan and Nepal



Earlier in the day, Varma tweeted, "Just lodged a complaint with the Versova police against the BJP Yuva Morcha''s threat to me on the Maria Susairaj issue. Other organisations'' warnings I got to hear from the media but the BJP sent a signed warning letter directly to my office." Justifying his resolve, he tweeted, "If someone has been convicted and the person served a given sentence she has a right to start her life afresh and that''s a part of civilised society. Maria is not my sister or my girl friend and I don''t even know her...so it''s not about supporting her but it''s about standing for my beliefs." Yesterday, the cine-wings of Shiv Sena and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) also warned of action if anyone casts Susairaj in a film or television show. Last week, former Navy officer Emile Jerome and his girlfriend Susairaj were awarded rigorous imprisonment of 10 years and three years respectively by a Mumbai court in the sensational murder of TV executive Neeraj Grover. Susairaj walked out of jail after serving more than three years as undertrial in the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment