Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Television actress Ratan Rajpoot chose Delhi-based software engineer Abhinav Sharma




Television actress Ratan Rajpoot chose Delhi-based software engineer Abhinav Sharma as her dream partner in Imagine TV's Swayamvar Season 3-Ratan Ka Rishta on Sunday night.

The 26-year-old software engineer pipped Anupam Singh Kushwah, settled in Poland, and Deepak Pandit of Jammu, to win the swayamvar. But Ratan's swayamvar ended in an engagement not a wedding. Ratan tells Rajul Hegde why:

Why only an engagement when you had said that you would marry?

Actually, I had said that I cannot assure you that I would marry. Swayamvar means selecting your man and it is not like you have to marry the person on the same day. Even in the Ramayan, Sita did not get married on the same day that she selected Ram.

If two individuals are well matched and can stay together forever, it's good. But if you take Rakhi's (Sawant) case, I would say that it was good that they separated. It is always better to part ways than to fight throughout your life.

So what was the Swayamvar experience like?

I was treated like a princess. These boys did tasks for me. It was a very special world for all of us where everything was set. But we have to come back to the real world where we have to live together. Today, I am committed and whatever I do matters to him. I want him to be there with me whenever I take a decision. Though the show is over, our life has just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment