Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Noel Gallagher has confirmed he will be touring the UK in the autumn and will be playing Oasis songs as part of his live set




Oasis may have broken up, but Noel Gallagher isn't finished making music.

The guitarist announced his plans to release two solo albums during a press conference on Wednesday at the Electric Cinema in London.

His first, "High Flying Birds," will come out Oct. 17 on his own label, Sour Mash Records.

A second, a "more out there" recording, is set for a 2012 release.

During the press conference, Gallagher happily fielded questions about the demise of his band, which went down in August 2009 after a brawl with his brother, Oasis singer Liam.

"I hadn't had enough of Oasis, I had had enough of Liam," clarified Gallagher, who added that during their final bust-up, his brother was "wielding a guitar like an axe."

"He was quite violent," said Gallagher. "At that point there was no physical violence but there was a lot of World Wrestling Federation stuff, he was like Randy Savage or something. It was an unnecessarily violent act and he nearly took my face off […] I was like, you know what, I'm f****** out of here."

But even thought there's bad blood with Oasis, Gallagher, the band's main songwriter, will still be playing many of their classics when he hits the road soon to support "High Flying Birds."

"They are my songs and I wrote them all by myself," he said. "I'm proud of them and of what they mean to people. I'll never do a gig without playing them, they're like drugs to me."

Oasis released seven studio albums from 1994 to 2008. Their sophomore album, 1995's "(What’s the Story) Morning Glory," went platinum 14 times over in the U.K. alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment