Monday, July 4, 2011

Lisa Ray's lust for life has made her a fighter




Lisa Ray's lust for life has made her a fighter. The going may be slow but Lisa isn't in a hurry as she is getting to do what she likes. She was recently in the city to launch OMG (Oh My Gold), a TV show she is hosting. And she says coming back to Hyderabad, the city which holds a special place in her heart, was a truly amazing experience.

“Hyderabad looks different. This isn't the city I saw when I came in to shoot Takkari Donga,” says Lisa.

Delving into the recent past, Lisa says, “My battle with cancer and my rebirth has made me think positively about life and I am working on my first book, doing a show with TLC and am returning to stage with Luminato's Taj opposite Kabir Bedi. In the play, I enact Jahanara's role and the response has been so great that we are trying to match dates to stage the play once more.”

Post a stem cell transplant in February 2010, Ray is now cancer-free and her spirits are high. Compliment her on her looks and she says, “I think I look better now.” But Lisa doesn't let you wander and keeps her focus, “Hyderabad is special and though I have friends now, I have discovered certain new things during the shoot for the show. It was a great experience. We shot extensively in the city and in the Old City. Visiting the old city was like going on a treasure hunt. From palaces to alleys to workshop of jewellers, I have had a taste of all these from close quarters and the experience makes me feel rich. The people we shot with for the show were so sportive and fun. I am in love with the city all over again,” she smiles.

Besides Hyderabad, Lisa and the team from TLC shot in Delhi, Jaipur, Chennai and Kochi.

From stage, TV, shift to the IIFA controversy and Lisa goes straight faced, “What row? It was irresponsible on the part of the media to make a false report. IIFA was a wonderful experience. Everyone was so very helpful. I usually don't react to news and allegations, but this I couldn't let go. I tweeted about it as well,” retorts Lisa.

Lisa is high on life and wants people to be the same and so she started Moksha Yoga Brampton recently.

“Yoga helped me in my times of difficulty. I want to let people understand the same. I have been practising yoga for 10 years and learnt it from various gurus,” she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment